The following comes from an Oct. 21 release from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops will elect the next president and vice president of during the bishops’ annual fall General Assembly, November 11-14, at the Baltimore Waterfront Marriott Hotel.
The president and vice president are elected from a slate of 10 candidates nominated by the bishops. The slate of candidates follows:
– Archbishop Gregory M. Aymond of New Orleans
– Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, OFM Cap., of Philadelphia
– Bishop Blase J. Cupich of Spokane, Washington
– Cardinal Daniel N. DiNardo of Galveston-Houston
– Archbishop Jose H. Gomez of Los Angeles
– Archbishop Joseph E. Kurtz of Louisville, Kentucky
– Archbishop William E. Lori of Baltimore
– Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr of Cincinnati
– Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron of Detroit
– Archbishop Thomas G. Wenski of Miami